Institute for Therapy through the Arts
- Counseling Services
The Institute for Therapy through the Arts (ITA) is one of the few comprehensive community-based arts therapy programs in the United States to offer four creative arts treatment modalities – Music Therapy, Drama Therapy, Art Therapy, and Dance/Movement Therapy.
ITA is a nonprofit organization with a Mission to empower and energize individuals, families and communities to grow and heal by inspiring change, strengthening health, cultivating achievement, and forging leadership in the Creative Arts Therapy fields by advocating for each discipline and providing integrated training experiences.
Creative Arts Therapy is the clinical use of expressive art forms by a credentialed professional to promote optimal functioning of one’s physical and emotional health.
ITA’s philosophy is based on a holistic treatment model which fosters the integration of mind and body through an integrated arts therapy approach promoting optimal health of the WHOLE person. ITA adheres to the best standards and practices in treatment approaches as determined by national accrediting bodies of creative arts therapists and the scientific literature.
Our mission is best fulfilled when we embrace diversity as a value and a practice. Throughout our work, we support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation. Leading by example we aspire to make diversity a core and abiding strength of the nonprofit sector.
- OUR MISSION: To empower and energize individuals, families and communities to grow and heal by:
- INSPIRING CHANGE and wellness in individuals and families through Creative Arts Therapy
- STRENGTHENING HEALTH in comm. organizations by providing state of the art consultation, training and clinical programs
- CULTIVATING ACHIEVEMENT in students' academic-social development through a team approach to treatment in schools
- FORGING LEADERSHIP in the Creative Arts Therapy fields by advocating and providing integrated training experiences
Member EventsFriday Feb 16, 2018Monday Feb 26, 2018
Easily accessible by public transportation, with the CTA Davis Purple Line and Metra stations within walking distance. Street parking available, some spots are metered, accepting coins/credit cards.