Greenwise is seeking a Landscape Construction Manager who will be responsible for preparing and installing our more complex landscape construction projects. Our landscape installations require attention to detail and quality workmanship, which starts with well-defined and ongoing training of our construction crews along with strong oversight of the installations.
The Construction Manager will work closely with landscape designers and construction foremen. This individual will work in a field capacity and spend most of their time on job sites with priorities being quality and adherence to Greenwise standards.
The primary tasks and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Coordinating all phases of post-sale landscape construction activities to meet or exceed project goals
- Planning and oversight of project timeline and budget
- Reviewing, interpreting and supporting the execution of project scope and objectives
- Drawing set review and analysis
- Reviewing material specifications
- Communicating with Designers, Account Managers and field staff
- Corresponding with Subcontractor
- Creating installation standards and training foremen on those standards
- Communicating with clients as secondary point of contact when necessary
Below are the technical and job-specific skills that an ideal candidate will bring to this role:
- Extensive knowledge of construction building techniques, including (but not limited to): hardscapes, grading, drainage, and planting
- Expert in project management including developing and management of plans, budgets, scopes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering, structural, grading, drainage, landscape and general construction drawings
- Willingness and ability to learn new software and estimating system (Aspire)
- General knowledge of village codes and permitting processes and requirements
- Knowledge of safety standards and regulations
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) would be helpful but not required
Below are the qualities that an ideal candidate will bring to this role:
- Strong communication skills, particularly with internal team members
- Detail-oriented and timeliness
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Ability to work on a predictable schedule, starting the day between 6:30-7am with construction crews
- Positive, energetic attitude and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to creatively solve problems
Note: The Construction Manager will be provided with a Greenwise vehicle to be used during work hours.
This is a full-time role, year-round. This includes participation in our snow removal services between November and March.