Rainbows for All Children
- Parent Resources
- Social Services Organizations
Rainbows is the largest international children’s charity dedicated solely to helping youth successfully navigate the very difficult grief process. Every day, children are touched by emotional suffering caused by a death, divorce, deployment of a family member, incarceration of a loved one, or any of a multitude of significant event traumas including natural or manmade disasters. And, while a few children are resilient, we know that most do not bounce back without help.
Children need guidance and compassion to prevent a loss event from literally defining their lives through later destructive choices. In fact, research proves that unresolved grief leaves kids vulnerable to major at-risk behaviors.
Since our founding in 1983, over 2.7 million children and teens throughout 50 United States and 18 other countries have been helped and supported by Rainbows programs.
Rainbows programs offer coping tools to build the confidence and self-esteem of these hurting children, improve communication in their families and peer relationships, prevent destructive behaviors such as involvement with gangs, alcohol and drug abuse, and ultimately improve school attendance and academic performance.
- International non-profit organization founded in 1983.
- Volunteer-driven organization makes Rainbows a cost-effective organization.
- Age-approprate, individualized, interactive, and structured curricula meet the needs of participants.
- Program's effectiveness proven through a University of Illinois independant evaluation and program evaluations.
- Peer support normalizes the situation for participants.
Coming from Chicago we are off of the Sheridan Rd. exit on Lake Shore Drive. Taking the Edens Expressway, we are off of exit 37B. We are located near the Davis Street Metra and Davis Purple Line L.